Five ways to repurpose a yoga mat
Tip of the week...
▪ As a mudroom throw: Keeping your entrance clean just got easier. A yoga mat— used as is or cut in half—can line a closet floor or just catch muddy boots near your busiest entrance.
▪ As a bulletin board: Grab an old picture frame, cut the mat to fit, and hang it in a kid’s room or workshop. Just make sure to clean the mat first with mild soap.
▪ As insulation: Gaps around pipes or at windows and doors can let in a lot of cold air. Cut the mat into strips and plug up those cracks.
▪ As furniture pads: Make custom-trimmed pads and place them under the feet of your sofa and chairs to keep them from scratching wooden floors.
▪ As a jar opener: Cut a 5-inch square out of the mat, clean it well, and stash it in a kitchen drawer. You’ll be happy to have it the next time a jar top puts up a fight. Source: Woman’s Day