▪ Millennials have officially overtaken Baby Boomers as America’s largest living generation. Those who are between 18 to 34 years old now number 75.4 million, surpassing the 74.9 million Americans ages 51 to 69.
▪ Rival White House advisers Steve Bannon and Jared Kushner each have individual teams of aides working for them, including their own public relations people, who field inquiries and leak stories that help advance their bosses’ competing agendas and influence the president.
▪ The Israeli military is buying drones modified to hold machine guns, grenade launchers, and other weapons for use in urban warfare. The maker, Florida-based startup Duke Robotics, is also pitching its heavily armed drones to the U.S. military.
▪ The salary gap between male and female White House staffers has more than tripled in the first year of the Trump administration, according to the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. The median salary for a female White House employee is now $72,650, compared with the median male salary of $115,000. That 37 percent gender pay gap is more than double the 17 percent national gender pay gap.
▪ Before 1800, no country in the world had an average life expectancy at birth beyond 40. Today there is not a country that does not.
The Economist ■