How to score event tickets
Tip of the week...
▪ Join the club. If yo u’re in love with one team or band, join the fan club and you might get ticket access before the general public does.
▪ Don’t trust ‘Sold out.’ Keep checking ticket outlets, because new batches of tickets are often released as the event date nears.
▪ Try a broker. Ticket brokers get deals you can’t. Shop their prices too.
▪ Look beyond StubHub. StubHub is a great source for tickets being resold, but don’t forget rivals like SeatGeek and Gametime. Gametime specializes in day-of sales, and both outfits sell tickets straight to your phone—at discounts of up to 75 percent— after an event starts.
▪ Try the scalpers. You can get legit tickets from a guy on the sidewalk. But use a ticket app to check his prices and either finish the sale at the ticket window or ask to pay via PayPal, which might refund a scam sale. Source: Men’s Health ■